Creating Strategic Goals for your team is a great way to ensure that everyone is on the same page and working towards the same common company goals.
Strategic Goals are the over-arching goals that determine the long-range direction of the company; they are the “What” and “Why”. Trakstar allows you to create Strategic Goals and align them to measurements on an appraisal to ensure all employees are working towards common company goals.
Examples of Strategic Goals:
- Expand sales to existing customers
- Increase customer retention
- Increase sales by 10% annually
Adding Strategic Goals
*Only Administrators can create and edit Strategic Goals.
1. Select the Strategic Goals tab from the Navigation Bar. First begin by creating a category that will house Strategic Goals. Select the plus sign to save.
2. Click Add a Strategic Goal to add a new Strategic Goal. Strategic Goals can include a description, due date and percentage complete. Once finished, click Save.
Aligning Measurements with Strategic Goals
*Employees, Managers, and Administrators can connect Measurements to Strategic Goals
3. When adding goals and notes to an appraisal, add a measurement and click Align to Strategic Goal. Select any Strategic Goal to align your measurement.
4. As an Administrator, you can view aligned users and measurements by selecting any Strategic Goal from your list.
5. Click ‘View aligned measurements‘ to see a list of all measurements that have been aligned to that specific strategic goal. Or, select any aligned user to view the specific measurement assigned to that employee.